Saturday, July 7, 2012

Welcome Weekend

Saturdays are such productive days! I have been in organize/ throw-out mode for the last couple of days and it's carrying over into scary venues. the shelves and cupboards at the library, the fabric store, the medicine cabinet etc, etc. I definitely have OCD tendencies and they have been highly active lately. :-)

It's a good mode for me because it means I get things done, accomplish goals and set new ones with a healthy amount of motivation to follow through.

I put together a salad for lunch.


Red leaf lettuce and almost the last of my baby spinach. Fresh and surprisingly mild radishes, some leftover baked chicken, red bell pepper and half a peach sliced on top.


The crumbled cheese on top is one of the best I've ever tried. Trader Joe's Unexpected Cheddar! Apparently it was wildly popular and there was an uproar when they discontinued it so they subsequently put it back on the shelf. Lucky for me because I fell in love with it. 


I had some iced tea with my salad and a good book to read too. I'm really enjoying French Kids Eat Everything.  It's written by an American woman living in France with her French husband and two kids. It's seems to me that the French really have nutrition education and the art of eating mastered. We could learn a thing or two.

I have some exciting news to share but I'm going to wait until Monday just to be safe. :) Can't wait to share!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Say Hello below!