Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Happy 236 B-day!

Happy Independence day everyone!

I hope everyone has plans that they're anxious for. I'm spending my fourth as a very welcome day off in the middle of the week. I was going to do some cooking and I still might but for now... I'm not feeling my best. You'll have to forgive me if my post(s) are less than exciting or fun to read today. 

I forced myself to eat something for breakfast even though I had a big fat zero on the appetite scale.

Breakfast: a banana. Exciting huh?

Lunch: Chicken with rice soup; because there's nothing better when you're feeling yucky.

Nothing special here, I really just opened up a can and dumped it in the pan. I know it's high in sodium but I really didn't feel like even making a sandwich. I added the leftover navy beans from my pasta salad yesterday in an attempt to clean out the fridge a little bit.


Cilantro on top because it smells so good!

I'm in the process of making some kale chips to have on hand for quick snacks next week. I went to Sprouts this morning and picked up a few things for soooo little money. I was shocked when the cashier gave me my total. I usually add up my total in my head as I walk through the store and I had a much bigger number in my head. It was a nice surprise.

I am always put in a good or better mood when I bring home new ingredients.

 Pumpkin Seed granola
 Maple-pecan granola
 Chia Seeds
and.... Leeks!

oh! and a jalapeno pepper that I'm going to use to make watermelon salsa with that leftover watermelon.

I absolutely adore granola and I'm happy to have some big ol' clusters of it in the house again.
I've never cooked leeks before so I'm anxious to try it out. Chia seeds seem to be all the rage lately and you can't really find many oatmeal or smoothie recipes without them anymore. 

If I can get myself around to it, I'm going to run some errands and do some leftover organizing. Fun way to spend the day eh?

I hope everyone celebrates safely tonight and for those of you having a quiet, no plan day like myself, enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Say Hello below!