Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Tuesday Torment

Tuesday Torment sounds awfully close to "Troublesome Tuesdays" from last week. Not without reason. I was tempted to break out my camera and take a picture of today's madness but to be honest... I didn't have the time. I sat down for the first time today when I got home for my dinner break 20 minutes late. =/ I guess people are stocking up for the holiday or something because it has been nonstop since we opened the doors this morning. Anyway... I'm on my break so enough about work.

I mentioned trying something "new" for breakfast this morning. As it turns out, it wasn't exactly what I had in mind and not technically new. I tried a recipe for whipped banana oatmeal this morning from another blog I occasionally follow. You can find the recipe here!


  It's pretty simple and considering I'm not a huge oatmeal fan, it was pretty good.


I didn't have any walnuts to follow the recipe so I toasted some sliced almonds instead and stuck some sunbutter on my spoon for added yummy-ness. I would really like to make it again but add more banana and  some different toppings.

While I enjoyed my warm breakfast I started on another experiment for lunch. I read about strawberry pesto and went looking for a recipe because it sounded so fascinating and tasty.

I found a simple one here!


In my opinion, fresh basil is the right way to start out ANY recipe! It's probably my favorite smell in the entire world. No joke! You can see a more detailed pictorial  representation of the process at the recipe link but for now, I'll spare you the details. It was as simple as throwing it in a food processor, plugging it in and calling your sister to figure out why it's not working, then chop chop chop!


This little jar was a leftover from favors we made for my sister's wedding 6 years ago! It worked perfectly for my little portion of strawberry pesto. 

The leftovers in the bowl I used for my lunch recipe which I also hijacked from the same blog as the oatmeal. 


I took these sad pictures at work so the lighting isn't great but the pasta salad was delish! The strawberry pesto is quite yummy mixed in. 


Pasta, strawberry pesto, chiffonaded basil leaves, sliced strawberries, sliced raw zucchini and some navy beans rinsed and straight from the can. 

I ate my lunch under the shade of a lovely tree in the park behind the library. Perfect weather for just such a lunch!

Too bad there were cars all around, some empty some not. Otherwise, it was a pleasantly quiet and shady lunch break. 

Dinner was excellent! baked chicken with panko, steamed zucchini from the garden, a butternut squash with a bit of garlic butter and fresh cherries.

I would share more of this lovely meal except I can't get the rest of the pictures to rotate to the right orientation and it's time to get back to work.

 Update: fixed pictures!




No tennis tonight so I'm not sure what I'm going to do with my evening after work. I'll definitely try to update this post with corrected dinner pictures! Until then! 

Hi-Ho It's back to work I go...







No comments:

Post a Comment

Say Hello below!