Wednesday, July 4, 2012

The last boom!

Dinner is done, and the fireworks are finishing up. Or so I thought. We can't see them but we can certainly hear and feel them. Just when I think the grand finale is here and it's the last boom, they start again! 

The city has made fireworks illegal unless it's a licensed show and you can certainly tell where those shows are.

I thought my soup lunch would make me feel better but it wasn't doing a good job. Finally I just pushed through and got myself to get in the car and go. 
I picked up this adorable serving bowl at one of my stops. 


Since I started blogging I've realized how often I use variations of the word yum. So when I saw this bowl, I just couldn't pass it up!


Another plus... I love black and white! 

I didn't think I was going to eat dinner but my eyes and nose convinced my stomach that it needed food.
My mom is a great cook and it's always hard to pass up her cooking.

Tri-tip, raw spinach, watermelon, sweet corn on the cob and a fresh out of the oven sourdough roll.

Strangely enough, it wasn't until after this meal that I felt normal again. Maybe I just needed a square meal or something. :)


I may or may not have had a second and or third roll. I love bread, it's my weakness so how can I say no to fresh baked bread? I just can't.

I never got around to making the watermelon salsa I planned on but there's still watermelon left even after having it for dinner so I'll try for tomorrow maybe.

It seems like the fireworks are dying out a bit now. Tomorrow it's back to the ol' grind. I think that I might actually try out that "new" breakfast recipe tomorrow. It's an overnight thing so I'll be fixing it tonight. We'll see if I have the energy. :)

Happy Fourth! Have a great night!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Say Hello below!