Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Homemade is best!

The plan this morning was to head over to the gym for 10:30 yoga. Kinda late and in the middle of the day but.. I couldn't go to the night one. Instead I woke up and could barely stand up. My legs are soooo sore from my run. I figured if I had trouble getting dressed, my poor muscles weren't going to like static strengthening/balancing poses. Instead I stretched and then went grocery shopping.

Trader Joes and Sprouts trips this morning for lots of goodies. (a lot of cheese for some reason)

While at Trader Joe's I spotted their excellent pizza dough and I had to pick it up for lunch!


 By the time I got home from shopping I had about an hour before my brother was there for lunch. What should I use for toppings?? hmm.... oh yeah how about tomatoes and basil??! =D



Disregard the bug holes in the leaves, I promise I didn't use those. The holes just mean it's home grown and tastes good right?


After struggling to get it into a circle for a while, I gave up and settled for a rectangle. The pizza stone started in the oven, got nice and hot and then I tossed the dough on. Then I added the toppings. The hot stone precooks the bottom of the dough so that it doesn't overcook the toppings. Perfect crust! 

 BEFORE:

AFTER:

I was going to toss a salad to go with it but since I had 2 salads yesterday, I stuck with fruit.


The pizza came out great! I think next time I'll add a little bit of spice and maybe a hint of provolone to kick it up a little bit. Totally worth making again. Super easy and pretty quick too! no leftovers :(

I get to have frozen yogurt tonight with my friend Kristina. We both flaked (not really, just more important things came up) last week so we're planning again for tonight. Yay!


2 comments:

  1. Yay for our yogurt date! I always just love talking and laughing with you!! Yogurt was yummy of course so we must do it again! :) ps since I am a blog follower I would never make fun of you taking a picture of your food :) haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HAHA thanks! I always feel like I have to forewarn people. :) I had a great time too! Poor Dustin just wanted to go eat dinner. :)

      Delete

Say Hello below!