Monday, July 16, 2012

Brrrrrr-itto

What an awesome store that Hobby Lobby is! Mom and Dad both went with me. Dad found a couple of things for his garage and was done in about 15 minutes. Mom and I meticulously walked the ENTIRE store and two hours later... we finally came back to the front.


There were so many things to look at! I picked up several things that I ended up putting back because I couldn't justify storing the materials for crafts I won't be able to do at the moment. I ended up with 3 yards of fabric that I intend to sew into placemats. 
















I just looove these colors and the print is pretty fantastic if I do say so myself. 

I can't wait to work on these much less use them. I will definitely post pictures when they're done.





Dinner was a pork roast cooked in the crock pot. It was just perfect. Moist not soupy. 

Homemade brrr-itos!
It's mid-July so you would think that it would be pleasant if not hot outside. Instead... I found myself quite chilly by the time I was done with dinner and ready to go inside. What?! but it's July! Apparently the weather just doesn't know that yet. SHHH! Anyway, that's why they were brrrr-itos instead of the traditional burritos. :)

I stir-fried some bell peppers as a topping and was given a little surprise. That green bell pepper started as a purple one. Yes purple... like this:  



Then after cooking for about 2 minutes I realized they had turned completely green. So weird. 


It was a very yummy burrito and the bell peppers set it off nicely.


I also cooked  a leftover red potato in a skillet with some olive oil and added those in. Nothing like using leftovers in different ways. :)



Notice anything? No leeks like I promised. They just don't really go with burritos. Ya think?

 Maybe tomorrow...
Other exciting news! During dinner my sister called to ask if I wanted her amazing Panini press since she doesn't use it and is getting rid of it. Ummmm YES! I love paninis and I love her panini maker. I'm excited! Thanks Kim!

An after dinner walk was in order as well as a Lindy visit to see progress on her construction project. The last leg of our walk was in the semi-dark. Late summer sun is already fading. =(

For now, I'm going to get some work done on my recipe page. (Yay!) You'll have to excuse the dust from the pages under construction. ;-) I did happen to finish my reading page if you want to see what other blogs I read for inspiration and ideas. I'm sure I'll be adding to it as I waste time on pinterest. :) 

Have a great evening!





2 comments:

  1. Your blog is so creative and adorable!! Love all your headings! Enjoy all your time off while you can. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha thanks! Sometimes they end up corny but I try to make them interesting. :) I am RELISHING my time off =)

      Delete

Say Hello below!