Friday, August 17, 2012

Long Day

I was so surprised at how easy it was to get up at 3 and be out of the house by 4. Not only did I feel fully awake and ready to tackle the day but I also got prime parking and was clocked in 5 minutes early. :)

Today was a semi-tough day. Not because it was extremely busy but because I was being trained in a new position and there is SO much to learn there. I'll be in that same position again tomorrow and my trainer said she was going to test me to see how much I remember AH! Luckily it was a pretty slow day on the desk but that just meant I was always teetering between fully engaged in learning something and sitting there idly spinning in my computer chair. :)

I hit up the cafeteria for lunch and had an asian style salad with mandarins, and grape tomato halves. I added the croutons and almond slivers. The dressing was a type of raspberry vinaigrette I believe. I went for a very short walk and ate my lunch outside. It wasn't long before I was ready for the A/C again. Sooo hot out!

The last couple of hours of work dragged on after lunch but finally 1:30 rolled around and it was weird to be leaving an 8 hr shift so early in the day. 

This week my sister and her family are in town. (YAY!) I came home and stayed awake for a few hours before convincing myself I could close my eyes and "rest" for a few minutes. I woke up about 2.5 hours later. oops!

I don't know what's wrong with my camera but this picture turned out pretty grainy. We had hamburgers for dinner on homemade sourdough rolls. Some local sweet corn that my sister brought with her.

 This kid ate 3entire cobs on her own and finished off her dad's too! Apparently she likes corn. 

After dinner we all packed into the car and went to play tennis. It's been three weeks since Blake and I played and I really missed it. It was good to be back. 

We played doubles most of the time and didn't have much choice because one full court was being used for soccer. Yes, soccer. They're there every week and I don't get why they aren't using the field that is directly in front of the tennis courts. It's really frustrating. 

We had the world's cutest ball girl for a while too! :)

I'm trying to upload the pictures from today but blogger isn't wanting to work with me tonight. I think I'll try again tomorrow. . .

No comments:

Post a Comment

Say Hello below!