Friday, July 13, 2012

Mozzarella, Tomatoes and Basil oh my!

Ah! My first day as a semi-unemployed person. It definitely hasn't sunk in yet but I started off in a good way. I met up with my good friend Tianne for lunch this afternoon. We were both famished by the time we got there so we were very glad to see our food delivered to our table. Like yesterday, today is overcast and humid although not quite as bad. So we braved the outdoor patio at the Corner Bakery. It was an excellent lunch and the conversation was even better.

I had a very mozarella-y and tomato-y lunch. 


Arugula side salad with red and yellow tomatoes, basil and a lemon garlic dressing. It was good but I wouldn't pair it with this sandwich again.


Tomato and Mozarella on Ciabatta Ficelle with roasted red peppers, basil, arugula (yes more!) and balsamic vinaigrette. Different bread next time. 

I need to mix it up. Way too many of the same ingredients in that lunch :)
Tianne took this great picture with her phone and was kind enough to share it with me. Thanks Tianne! 


We took a short little walk to do some shopping before heading out. I'm going to miss having this girl close-by.

I have dinner plans with another friend tonight and before that, my niece and nephews are coming over so  my brother and his wife can celebrate their 11th anniversary with a dinner date. Congratulations to them!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Say Hello below!