Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Planning Ahead

Here's the deal, this habit of posting infrequently about random topics and at random times cannot keep happening. I've definitely been in a rut, no, more than a rut. More like a trench. I'm tired of trying to pack lunches, dinners and sometimes breakfasts in advance. I have a new appreciation sympathy for my patients who are forced to decide all three meals 24 hrs in advance from the same menu, day after day. The difference here is that they aren't making their meals and someone (me) is diligently ensuring that everything on their plate is up to snuff and fits their assigned diet.

Anyway, this is what I've done to hopefully begin solving my lunch/dinner packing dilema. 


This is my handy dandy chalkboard  which I have filled out with lunch ideas for the next week. I based it on what is in the fridge, and what my schedule is for the day. All the lunches are pretty simple and made up mostly of leftovers. So far so good. I think it helps that I don't have to think too much about it every night. It also helps that we have some awesome leftovers at the moment. :)

So, according to plan, here's my lunch...


Everything was a leftover of some kind with the exception of the fruit and the veggies.


My work load was super light today until someone called in sick. Sick coverage is never fun because it typically doubles my workload. It was after 1 before I realized that my metabolic system was effectively shutting down non-essential functions. I was super hungry!

This is an extremely boring post but I really like my planning board so far and I wanted to share. I'll have to do a follow-up and see how well it works when there isn't as many leftovers and... After I work a weekend. Somehow weekends are always harder.

For now, time to pack tomorrow's meals and hit the hay.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Say Hello below!