Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Training While In Training

I have officially "trained" someone in the job I've been working for approximately 7 weeks. I don't know how much I could have possibly taught him but it made me realize how much I've learned in the past 2 months. He's a student at Loma Linda and he'll be done with his B.S. and his internship in just a few months. It's really too bad I learned about bachelors/internship combined programs after I finished school. grr!

The day went by pretty fast and trainee (Eric) finally said "you don't eat?" :) lunchtime completely snuck up on me! Poor guy probably was in desperate need of a break from me and I was trudging on through boredom. 

So... we took a lunch break. Nothing fancy in my lunch bag. Frozen guilt-free Digiorno pizza, a side salad from home and the most awesome grapes of the year. I can't get enough of them. They literally crunch and snap when bitten and they're just the right amount of sweet. YUM!


Can you tell I really packed that salad into that tiny bowl? Made it difficult to eat without spilling it everywhere. :)



It was a pretty straight forward day, and a nice break from trayline. My patient load was really light and with two of us I felt like I barely had anything to do! Tomorrow it's back to trayline though so my reprieve was short lived. At least I get to sleep in (good thing because I've stayed up way too late). 

I still have to recap my first solo experience with trayline. Maybe I'll just do them all at once at the end of the week. It's probably a really boring story to anyone else but... to me, it's story worthy.

Tomorrow is the half-way mark except for those of you who are working this weekend like me. 

Goodnight/Good morning. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Say Hello below!