Thursday, September 6, 2012

Veggie overload

For some reason I'm always amazed at how much more energy I have throughout the day when I eat breakfast. I mean... duh! 

Since I'm never in the mood to think about or make breakfast in the morning, I've been doing most of the prep work the night before. (I'm pretty much useless in the morning in case you didn't already know)


All I had to do was throw some yogurt in a bowl I left by the fridge, granola on top and some sliced peaches. Done!

I ate half of it before I left and the other half on the way to pick up Ashley. I love the days that our schedules coincide and we can ride together.

It doesn't take long to get tired of hospital cafeteria food and the prices associated with it. Why pay that much money for food you don't really enjoy? So I've been really good about making my lunch. (yay for me!)

My salad had green & red leaf, kale, cucumber, and bell pepper. I made croutons out of Panera Asiago loaf and and chopped some leftover baked chicken tenders. Look! hummus! :) Turns out that this is ALOT of food. I could barely finish the salad and left the rest for snacks later in the day. 

This week has been a really good one at work. I know I said I was really anxious about starting in Pediatrics and OB but I'm really enjoying it. Unfortunately I won't be there very often, but I like the variety of the day's responsibilities and the experiences that you are exposed to. Screening, referrals, follow-ups and of course... the kids. All the tubes and medications and tests and they are still so sweet. I adore them! 

Only one more day in PEDS =( but that's ok, tomorrow is Friday! I'm really looking forward to my weekend plans. They should be fun!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Say Hello below!