Thursday, August 23, 2012

Clinically Oriented

Today was my last day of scheduled orientation for my new job. Today was clinical training/orientation. Most of the time orientations are a necessary nuisance that you grin and bear. However, I would be lying if I didn't say that today's orientation wasn't eye-opening. I think what stuck with me most of all was a confirmation of my desire to help others in my career. Maybe that sounds corny but I really felt a strong driving force to be everything and do everything I possibly can for every patient/client I ever encounter. It's a good feeling.

Now that I've shared the deep stuff... here's the shallow stuff:

They served a wide variety of breakfast treats in the morning and they stayed there through late morning. It made for easy and very unhealthy snacks.

I had a poppy seed bagel (I loved how they were baked in parchment squares like this!) and some fruit. Then some hot tea because those conference rooms are always so cold and I never remember to bring a jacket.


Once again I thought I didn't have my camera... but I did. However, by the time I realized it, it was too late. Had to use my phone. Awful!
 There was a nice little bagel shop right down the corner so I checked it out for lunch. It was ok but for the price, I wasn't all that impressed. The salad was very nice and fresh though. Always a plus. 


I ordered a roasted chicken sandwich that came simply with tomato and lettuce. Ice tea to sip on too.


Pretty easy day. Tomorrow I start late and work late. Bummer. Never thought I'd be one to prefer waking up early to start work. But... I don't like fighting for parking or staying late. At least I won't be driving into the sun both ways. It's seriously a major problem when you're my height. The visor is essentially useless.

Ashley and I are carpooling tomorrow, my turn to drive. Yay! I don't have to ride alone. 

Have a great Thursday! We're over the halfway mark!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Say Hello below!