Monday, July 30, 2012


I feel like so much has happened since my last post. I'll try to keep it from getting wordy. :)

Friday: BEACH DAY! It started out cloudy and ended up perfect!

After enjoying our time in the sun and the sand we headed to Johnny Rockets for some lunch. 

The main reason I like this restaurant is the owner. She does a wonderful job of making the customer feel welcome and overseeing a very efficient and helpful staff. I just wish there were some healthier options. Oh well! 

<-----This crazy nephew of mine doesn't care much about the "healthy options" He promptly ordered his own concoction involving several patties, bacon and onion rings. Blech! I sure love my time with these two!

Lunch ended just before the staff came out for a dance off to Aretha Franklin's "RESPECT". I wasn't at a great angle to catch them all but it was fun to watch. There's the owner front and center, off duty but still dancing and greeting. :)

After lunch we headed over to a food and craft fair across the street. I really enjoy walking through things like these even if I don't find anything. 

We did find a guy who is selling a cool version of jerky. 97% fat free and it's seasoned and baked. I'm not a huge jerky fan but these were pretty good. His business is new and he only sells at farmer's markets. You can find him here.

One of the boys spotted this cool antique shop on the way back to the car so we stopped in for a look around.

There was an entire cupboard full of true silverware that was very tempting the artsy side of my brain. Good thing I didn't have any cash on hand. I'd love to hang antique kitchen items like these on my kitchen walls one day. 

On Sunday we had some very good and long time friends visit with their kids. One of them just had baby number one and is adjusting to fatherhood very well. I was going to share a picture of the baby but my phone is not cooperating. (The tech world is not liking me much tonight)

Whew! Caught up to today!

I had an appointment at the medical center for pre-employment stuff. They have to make sure I'm not a crack dealer or a closet alcoholic. 

I needed a good start for the day so I made Kath's whipped banana oatmeal with extra banana. Every time I make it, it's a little better than the last time. I'm slowly making it my own recipe so that the consistency and taste are right for moi! I topped it with fresh berries and some sunflower butter. 

(I was in a hurry to which means you'll have to forgive me for the blurry photo)

I passed my vision, strength, and drug/alcohol tests (phew) and then they checked to see if I'm breathing and my heart is beating, stuck some TB virus under my skin and off I went to work on the complete OPPOSITE side of the state (or so it felt). Looks like I'll be driving 45+ minutes back and forth until I can find a place closer. =/

That oatmeal kept me until lunch which I picked from a yummy sandwich place called Something Healthy.
Sundried Tomato and Turkey for me. I asked for it to be grilled but I definitely think it's better as a good ol' sandwich. 

I only ate half because I had brought some cherries and grapes with me to work. Ice cold Honest Tea (which I'm really starting to like uhoh!) to drink. 

Final act of the day: dinner at my brother's house. My sister-in-law's grandparents are visiting. They're pretty special people and we didn't want to miss out on a good chat with them. 

Any night that ends with a smiling face like this one is a night well spent. :)

Now, I apologize for the overload post. I promise to work on brevity for tomorrow. :).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Say Hello below!