Saturday, June 16, 2012

Procrastination


[Transferred Post]

I have previously admitted (I think) to my love of cooking/baking. However, that doesn't mean I like deciding on meal plans. Tomorrow is a perfect example. My older brother decided that he and I would be responsible for Sunday lunch for the entire family. If you've read my previous posts you know that that is A LOT of people. He decided on burgers, nice and simple right? Yes! Here's the catch, I'm in charge of anything that we decide we want on the 3/4 of our lunch plate that is not covered with burger.
Of course, me being me, I see this as an opportunity to create something yummy, visually amazing and healthy for my family but oh! what to make!!? It is now 7:00 and I still have a big fat list filled with ZERO ideas. I'm definitely one for procrastination. :) I work well under pressure most of the time so I'm sure I'll have some pictures to share of our Sunday lunch.
Dinner tonight was courtesy of my mom. A stir-fry style dish with London broil, snow peas and bell peppers. Image
I was lazy and didn't feel like waiting for brown rice to cook so we used some cooked white rice we had in the fridge. Easy is best on Sat nights. I topped mine off with a fresh peach that we picked up from the local Farmer's market last night.
Don't worry, I normally don't eat such small helpings but I had quite a large lunch out today with a good friend so I was holding back :).Image
I got a little experimental with my iced tea and added some cranberry juice. It was... different. Not bad but definitely needs tweaking before making it a staple.
I have accomplished more procrastination while posting this blog and my planning/shopping time is now nearly non-existent.
We'll see how it all turns out tomorrow :) Lunch for 18... bring it on!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Say Hello below!