Monday, June 11, 2012

And so it begins...


[Transferred Post]

I'm not the type who normally shares every detail of her boring life with the world. Nor am I one who believes false pretenses that the world cares. However, in the last year I have stumbled across several blogs that I not only find entertaining and enjoyable to read, I have found them helpful and encouraging as well. It is comforting to know that there are other people who have been there, done that. It's even more encouraging to know that you can be there and do that too!
Last year I graduated from college with my bachelor's degree in dietetics. For some reason I felt that after college there would be a cushion of struggle or aimless floating but eventually it would all work out. Instead, I find myself here a year later, pretty much in the same spot I was last year at this time with seemingly less direction. Although I have the same goals that I did when I started college, for some reason they seem less attainable. So, I thought to myself, instead of a TO DO list (which I love) why not chronicle the journey that is ahead? Write and document what happens so that you can see life unfold before you.
I love food, I love cooking, I love my family and I hope to one day combine all those loves into my career. Teach people and their families to love food and make healthy eats a part of their daily life. Before becoming an RD (registered dietitian), there is a long road and a lot of work ahead. I intend to cook, eat and blog along the way. What better way to enjoy the long trek? So, here begins my published journey. I need all the help I can get so if there are those of you out there who have been there and done that, please share your wisdom! I hope that if there are those who take the time to read, they will find my experiences helpful, encouraging, informative, entertaining and anything else you may be looking for in the life of another.
I'm in for the long haul, won't you join me?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Say Hello below!