Thursday, August 9, 2012

First Day

It's finally here! Day one working in a hospital. I felt conspicuous enough walking through the hospital with a badge so it didn't help matters that I whipped out my camera to take pictures of my food. I arrived on the hospital grounds 20 minutes early and got to the office ten minutes late. Aaaah!! So stressful! I didn't realize that between my orientation on Tuesday and now, school started here so parking was a DISASTER! then I got lost getting from the parking lot to the hospital and then in the actual hospital halls themselves. Anyway, I finally made it to the right place, had a couple hours of introduction to the programs I will be using as well as stacks of paperwork. I was given this binder full of competencies that I will need to complete.


Then I met a ton of friendly new faces that seem genuinely happy to see me (so sweet!) as well as some familiar faces from school. Yay!

 I loaded up on fruits & veggies at the salad bar in the cafeteria and cut it very close with the cash I had on hand. Go me! After my little lunch break I will be training with someone named Jeny whom I haven't met yet.

I seem to be getting a lot of curious glances. I can't help but think that people are wondering if I'm an imposter who stole a badge or if I'm one of those really smart prodigy children with a doctorate at 15 =) it's kinda funny to watch actually.

I can't wait to see what else I'm going to learn today! Have a great afternoon! P.S. For some reason when I post from a mobile device it won't let me choose where the pictures are placed so I apologize if they're all at the bottom or somewhere random.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Say Hello below!